qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: java qmf library in maven repository
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 17:35:50 GMT
Hi Martin,
I wrote that code and it's really great to hear someone else using it!

Unfortunately I know zero about Maven - TBH I barely speak ant :-/ so I
wouldn't know where to begin.

I believe that Robbie Gemmell has been looking at Maven for the Java
Broker and JMS builds and I *think* Proton-J uses Maven, so I might have
to figure it out at some point, but at this stage it hasn't been a
priority for me as I've been juggling loads of things and not feeling
I'm making much progress.

I'm certainly not averse to the idea, just lacking the skills.

If you can suggest any "Maven for dummies" sort of online quickstart
guide (how to hack a crappy ant build into Maven 1-0-1 is probably my
level....) then I'll look into it, but I can't promise it'll happen quickly.

Sorry it's probably not the answer you're looking for.

Out of curiosity what does Maven offer in this context, I've always got
something of an impression that it's overcomplicated but that's mostly
said from a position of ignorance.

Regards,
Frase