qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid Dispatch Router component
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 12:47:57 GMT
On 10/11/2013 01:32 PM, Ted Ross wrote:
> I have no love for the name.  But it has to be called *something* :)

Indeed, and I reiterate how hard good naming is.

Assuming 'Qpid Router' is undesirable as either making to big a claim
(there will never be any other Qpid thing that routes) or provides
insufficient 'identity', one option might be to follow the elementary
particles approach started with proton. How about 'gluon' or perhaps
'graviton'? :-)

I personally think a simple DX or QDX as an opaque name would be better
as it more obviously acknowledges that its merely an identifier with
little or no underlying description.

Again, this should in no way imply any opposition to proceeding as is.
It is just an observation/suggestion.