qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Coaxing an error message out of qpid-cpp - unable to connect
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 10:00:40 GMT
On 10/11/2013 10:16 AM, Graham Leggett wrote:
> Is there a way to set this globally, or do we have to make qpid-specific changes to our
code to do this?

Not yet, I'm afraid. However strangely enough I just recently posted on
this very topic with a proposal to add some way of doing exactly this. I
hope to add something soon.

Do you only want to have queues created on the fly, or also topics? The
reason being that distinguishing between these is a little arbitrary at
present. ActiveMQ uses a convention of prefixing the name with
'topic://' if it is to be a topic.

Possibly not an attractive option, but if you really need this and must
move from ActiveMQ[1], then hacking the Qpid c++ broker to always create
queues on demand would not be difficult. (That would still leave the
issue of queue v. topic however).

[1] Did you try ApolloMQ? It has the same create-on-demand behaviour.