qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: qpid startup: error Failed to initialise SSL plugin: Failed to load certificate 'Server-Cert'
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 14:19:30 GMT
On 10/09/2013 02:42 PM, Graham Leggett wrote:
> On 09 Oct 2013, at 3:27 PM, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:
>
>> Oct  9 13:15:29 localhost qpidd[17764]: 2013-10-09 13:15:29 error Failed to initialise
SSL plugin: Failed to load certificate 'Server-Cert' (qpid/sys/ssl/SslSocket.cpp:184)

>> "Server-Cert"                                                u,u,u
>
> The cause of the problem was found - the nickname in the NSS certificate database had
quotes around it.

> Is it possible to improve the error message to explicitly say the certificate was not
found?

I'm not sure... The NSS function 'PK11_FindCertFromNickname' is called,
which returns the certificate if successful or NULL if 'unsuccessful'.
My assumption was there might be other reasons for not being able to
retrieve it, hence the more ambiguous error message. I'm not sure if
there is some other way of getting more details on why it was
'unsuccessful'.