qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Building C++ broker persistence?
Date Sat, 05 Oct 2013 10:15:12 GMT
Hey all,
To be honest I don't tend to use persistence much as my requirements
tend to be more performance than reliability leaning, but it has just
struck me that recent qpid builds seem to have a different approach than
previously.

Back in the day IIRC I ended up getting the store from here
http://qpidcomponents.org/download.html

But I *think* there's something in the main repo now - I noticed a
directory "../qpid/qpid-trunk/qpid/cpp/src/qpid/legacystore", however
I've also noticed on doing a fresh "cmake .." to build with Proton the
cmake results say "Legacystore is excluded from build."

Is there any documentation for this anywhere? I couldn't see any links
here: http://qpid.apache.org/components/cpp-broker/index.html nor here:
http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.24/cpp-broker/book/index.html

BTW the broker book still says:

    1.1.  Running a Qpid C++ Broker

      1.1.1.  Building the C++ Broker and Client Libraries

The root directory for the C++ distribution is named qpidc-0.4. The
README file in that directory gives instructions for building the broker
and client libraries. In most cases you will do the following:

[qpidc-0.4]$ ./configure
[qpidc-0.4]$ make

Should probably be updated with cmake now that autotools has been
deprecated.

Am I just being thick or are there really no references about
building/enabling C++ broker persistence? (The README and INSTALL don't
cover it either). Also what are the differences between "legacystore"
and the original one from qpid components. To be honest the name
"legacystore" doesn't *really* inspire confidence either, is this
suggesting that there's another, somehow better, persistence store - if
so where?

Sorry for being a pain - I blame starting to play with Proton for
causing me to pay more heed to various messages :->

Cheers,
Frase