qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Proton cmake PerlLibs Not Found Ubuntu 11.10
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2013 16:23:17 GMT
Hey all,
I've just started tentatively looking into Proton/AMQP 1.0 'cause it's
got to be done really hasn't it :-)

I had a couple of minor issues in the early stages of running cmake.

First issue:
Locations of Bouncycastle 1.47 jars: BOUNCYCASTLE_BCPROV_JAR-NOTFOUND
BOUNCYCASTLE_BCPKIX_JAR-NOTFOUND

This was a little harder than you'd think to sort out 'cause
bouncycastle is now at version 1.49 and there's no obvious link off
their webpage (the ftp link that allegedly points to past releases
appears to be broken).

Is it worth updating the dependency to the latest bouncycastle - or
alternatively bundling the jars with proton?

I dug around on t'Interweb and /eventually/ found the 1.47 jars, but as
I say it was harder than it should be :-)

Second issue (my system is running Ubuntu 11.10):
when I did a simple mkdir bld/cd bld/cmake .. I got a "PerlLibs Not
Found" error

It was easy enough to work around by doing:
cmake .. -DPERL_LIBRARY=`locate -n 1 libperl.so`

Not that I'm especially likely to use Perl, but it'd be nice if it was
cleaner.

ISTR that Jimmy Jones had similar issues with qpid cmake for Perl,
though I can't say for sure if they are related.

Is this known about or is it worth me raising a Jira (or two?)
Cheers,
Frase