qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid Messaging API and topics
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 11:07:20 GMT
On 10/03/2013 12:00 PM, HrochL wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to use the Qpid Messaging API to send messages into ActiveMQ
> from my C++ program. I have a little problem with sending messages into
> topics. Address is always regarded as the address of the queue. I read  here
> <http://activemq.apache.org/amqp.html>   that it is necessary to use prefix
> "topic://". But when I do it, the message is delivered to the queue named
> "topic:" and rest of the address is used as subject of the message.
> What am I doing wrong?

Short answer: you need to put quotes around the url. E.g.

(note the single quotes inside the string literal).

The reason for this is that the qpid messaging API assumes addresses in
the form <node-name>/<subject>, so without quoting it takes the portion
up to the first '/' as the node name, and everything thereafter as the