qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid Messaging API and topics
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 11:07:20 GMT
On 10/03/2013 12:00 PM, HrochL wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to use the Qpid Messaging API to send messages into ActiveMQ
> from my C++ program. I have a little problem with sending messages into
> topics. Address is always regarded as the address of the queue. I read  here
> <http://activemq.apache.org/amqp.html>   that it is necessary to use prefix
> "topic://". But when I do it, the message is delivered to the queue named
> "topic:" and rest of the address is used as subject of the message.
> What am I doing wrong?

Short answer: you need to put quotes around the url. E.g.

   session.createReceiver("'topic://my-topic-name'");

(note the single quotes inside the string literal).

The reason for this is that the qpid messaging API assumes addresses in
the form <node-name>/<subject>, so without quoting it takes the portion
up to the first '/' as the node name, and everything thereafter as the
subject.