qpid-users mailing list archives

From Albert Pomortsev <apomo...@opentext.com>
Subject SSL support in org.apache.qpid.messaging .NET API
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 00:18:50 GMT
Hello qpid developers and users.

I'm finding it impossible to use SSL from .NET messaging API. I built qpid/proton from trunk
sources on Windows. I can successfully run the broker and, for example, run the csharp.example.helloworld
.NET sample using both amqp 0-10 and 1.0 protocols. But configuring the client connection
for SSL fails. By SSL I mean only server authentication and encryption, not client authentication.
I was planning to use PLAIN SASL authentication with SSL.

The C++ broker handbook states (p.42):

3. To open an SSL enabled connection in the Qpid Messaging API, set the protocol connection
option to ssl.

This does not work. I'm receiving the exception "Unsupported protocol: ssl". Additionally,
this option clashes with the option "protocol:amqp1.0" making using them together apparently
impossible.
I tried "transport:ssl".  With amqp 0-10 (no "protocol" option) I'm getting "Failed to connect
(reconnect disabled)" exception. With amqp1.0 ("protocol:amqp1.0") I'm getting "No such transport:
ssl" exception.

Can someone please explain:

-          Is SSL even supported in .NET messaging API?

-          If yes, what is the correct way to enable it?

Thanks,
Albert.