qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Darryl L. Pierce" <dpie...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Proton cmake PerlLibs Not Found Ubuntu 11.10
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2013 13:51:06 GMT
On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 08:45:45AM -0400, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 04, 2013 at 10:42:08PM +0100, Fraser Adams wrote:
> > On 04/10/13 19:47, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> > >Can you post the output for the following commands?
> > >
> > >$ perl -V:installarchlib
> > >$ perl -MConfig -e "print \$Config{archlibexp}"
> > >$ perl -MConfig -e "print \$Config{libperl}"
> > >
> > perl -V:installarchlib
> > installarchlib='/usr/lib/perl/5.12';
> >
> > perl -MConfig -e "print \$Config{archlibexp}"
> > /usr/lib/perl/5.12
> >
> > perl -MConfig -e "print \$Config{libperl}"
> > libperl.so.5.12.4
>
> I don't know if it makes a difference, but the only way the first two
> differ from what I see on my Fedora system is that there's no separate
> directory for the Perl release number; i.e., I have
>
> ^_^ [J:0/1014] mcpierce@mcpierce-laptop:~ $ perl -V:installarchlib
> installarchlib='/usr/lib64/perl5';
>
> ^_^ [J:0/1014] mcpierce@mcpierce-laptop:~ $ perl -MConfig -e "print
> \$Config{archlibexp}"
> /usr/lib64/perl5
>
> Do you see the output "Trying alternative search for Perl" in your Cmake
> output? If not, then it's for some reason not using our internal module
> for Cmake. If it is, I'll setup an Ubuntu instance here and debug it
> more.

Okay, I've reproduced this on a local VM running Ubuntu 11.10. Is that
still a supported version of Ubuntu? From what I got out of the install
it said it was EOL'd. Do newer versions of Ubuntu show the same problem?

I've created PROTON-437 to track this and will try to fix it today.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/