qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Darryl L. Pierce" <dpie...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Proton cmake PerlLibs Not Found Ubuntu 11.10
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2013 18:47:58 GMT
On Fri, Oct 04, 2013 at 07:32:33PM +0100, Fraser Adams wrote:
> On 04/10/13 19:22, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> >On Fri, Oct 04, 2013 at 05:23:17PM +0100, Fraser Adams wrote:
> ><snip>
> >>Second issue (my system is running Ubuntu 11.10):
> >>when I did a simple mkdir bld/cd bld/cmake .. I got a "PerlLibs Not
> >>Found" error
> >>
> >>It was easy enough to work around by doing:
> >>cmake .. -DPERL_LIBRARY=`locate -n 1 libperl.so`
> >>
> >>Not that I'm especially likely to use Perl, but it'd be nice if it
> >>was cleaner.
> >>
> >>ISTR that Jimmy Jones had similar issues with qpid cmake for Perl,
> >>though I can't say for sure if they are related.
> >>
> >>Is this known about or is it worth me raising a Jira (or two?)
> >There were issues with the Qpid build WRT finding Perl using certain
> >versions of CMake (I think 2.6). What version of Cmake is on Ubuntu
> >13.10?
> >
> My system is Ubuntu 11.10 based
> cmake version 2.8.5

Hrm. I forgot that I had copied over the Cmake FindPerlLib module into
Proton (thought I had done that only for Qpid), which should be finding
things.

Can you post the output for the following commands?

$ perl -V:installarchlib
$ perl -MConfig -e "print \$Config{archlibexp}"
$ perl -MConfig -e "print \$Config{libperl}"

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/