qpid-users mailing list archives

From R3DL <jeremie.stord...@gmail.com>
Subject QPid support for AMQP 1.0 in C++
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 15:00:56 GMT
Hello,

I am fairly new to the problems of messaging so maybe I misunderstood some
key concepts, don't hesitate to point that out if you think that's the case.

I am trying to send and receive message from an ActiveMQ broker using AMQP.
>From the ActiveMQ documentation I understood they only support AMQP 1.0.

I tried to run the examples (hello_world.cpp) from the Qpid messaging API
(qpidc version 0.24) but it sends message using version 0.10 of AMQP rather
than 1.0, I have the exact same error message as reported here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/201310.mbox/browser
So first question, is it possible to speak AMQP 1.0 with the C++
implementation of the Qpid messaging API and if yes how?

For the moment I assumed this was not supported yet so I installed
Qpid-proton (version 0.5).
I run the examples (send.c and recv.c), I am able to send and receive
messages but even if the receiving program displays correctly the message,
on the server side it remains in a "pending state" as if there was no
acknowledgment from the consumer.
I had a look at the Qpid proton API and I did not found any notion of
session to specify the acknowledgment policy. Am I missing something?

Thank you for your time.