qpid-users mailing list archives

From NeilOwens <neil.ow...@raymarine.com>
Subject Re: C++ Version 0.20: Rescuing a failed connection
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2013 07:27:34 GMT
We used the debug code to resolve our issue.   Reinstantiating the
connection, session and senders seems less reliable in this scenario than
keeping everything constructed, and just reopening the connection object.  I
don't know why letting the old objects go out of scope and creating them
again didn't work.

The next thing we're addressing is the connection time.  There is a fairly
long timeout on the ::connect function.  Has anyone tried changing BSDSocket
to do the set non-blocking -> connect -> select statement loop until socket
is selected for write ->set non-blocking trick to reduce the timeout?