qpid-users mailing list archives

From NimbusParc <nimbusp...@yahoo.in>
Subject Re: what is the difference between Exchange Route and Dynamic Exchange Route ?
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 06:03:26 GMT
This tells
kevency_poche wrote
>  I am not getting the exact difference between the Exchange Route and
> Dynamic Exchange Route.
>
> In Exchange route we are giving the Routing key, but in dynamic exchange
> routing we not even giving key also.
>
> What is the internal behavior of these two.  ??

   This means you are not clear about the Broker Federation. There are three
routes in the broker federation.
They are 1. Queue Route.
              2. Exchange Route.
              3. Dynamic Exchange Route.

Now, i will talk only about the Internal behavior of the Exchange route and
Dynamic Route.

Exchange Route :
------------------------

                 Internally, creating an exchange route creates a private
queue (auto-delete, exclusive) on the source broker
to hold messages that are to be routed to the destination broker, binds this
private queue to the source broker exchange,
 and subscribes the destination broker to the queue.

Dynamic Exchange Route:
---------------------------------------

                Internally, Dynamic exchange routes apply all the bindings
of a destination exchange to a source exchange,
 so that any message that would match one of these bindings is routed to the
destination exchange. If bindings are added
or removed from the destination exchange, these changes are reflected in the
dynamic exchange route -- when the
 destination broker creates a binding with a given binding key, this is
reflected in the route, and when the destination broker
drops a binding with a binding key

Also, go through the documentation..  Federation Documentation
<http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.24/cpp-broker/book/chap-Messaging_User_Guide-Broker_Federation.html>