qpid-users mailing list archives

From Aleš Trček <Ales.Tr...@halcom.si>
Subject JMS client reconnect to qpidc
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 16:58:01 GMT
Hi all,

I tested a situation where I have JMS consumers (and producers for that matter) attached to
some queues on qpidc-0.22 broker and then I stop the broker and start it again (with persistence
module). The connection is not reestablished, and subsequent calls to MessageConsumer.receive()
all throw IllegalStateException. When I tried to do connetion.start() (in the catch block),
I also get IllegalStateException (in debug I can see that the connection is closed). qpid-stat
-u shows no connections.
I would like to be able to (automatically) reconnect in such case, and continue to use the
same MessageConsumer object(s) if possible. Are there any special options I have to use (on
broker or client side) or how should I handle such situation?

I am using AMQP-0.10 and java client libs 0.25.

Regards,
Ales