qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>
Subject Re: Creating a queue and bindings from an address in qpid.messaging / AMQP 1.0
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 15:09:21 GMT
Sure, why not. Currently we also don't have any named subscriptions based
on user ID with 0.10 - only named queues and we never had a problem with it.

In the ATTACH command, the client sends only the link name from the
address. Can't we leave the link names as they are right now (i.e.
container-id + link name), but name the queue only by the link name and
leave the container id out of it? The queue names are well protected by
existing ACL rules and every user can easily specify it in the address. The
problem with the uniqueness of the queue name will be left to the user, but
that will be not different from creating the queues from the address in
AMQP 0.10.

Regards
Jakub

PS: I tried to connect twice a client with the same container ID & link
name ... the client gets exception about exclusive queue which already has
an consumer. But what is more important, the broker crashes. I guess I can
enter another JIRA ...