qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>
Subject Creating a queue and bindings from an address in qpid.messaging / AMQP 1.0
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 14:34:06 GMT
Hi,

I played a bit with the qpid.messaging API and its AMQP 1.0 support. I
tried to use AMQP 1.0 for my request/response application which creates a
temporary queue with some specific options (policy type, max size and max
count) and bind it to an exchange. With AMQP 0.10, I was using following
address when creating the receiver and it was working fine:

<ResponseQueueName>;
{
create: receiver, assert: never,
node:
{
type: queue,
x-declare:
{
auto-delete: true,
exclusive: false,
arguments:
{
'qpid.policy_type': ring,
'qpid.max_count': 1000,
'qpid.max_size': 1000000
}
},
x-bindings:
[
{
exchange: '<ResponseExchange>',
queue: '<ResponseQueueName>',
key: '<ResponseRoutingKey>'
}
]
}
}

However, with AMQP 1.0, I get the error that the x-binding is not
supported. I also tried another address which worked with AMQP 0.10 and
does the same:

response / response.ABCFR_ABCFRALMMACC1.response_queue_1;
{
create: never,
link:
{
name: 'response.ABCFR_ABCFRALMMACC1.response_queue_1',
durable: false,
x-declare:
{
auto-delete: true,
exclusive: true,
arguments :
{
'qpid.max_count': 1000,
'qpid.max_size': 1000000,
'qpid.policy_type': ring
}
}
}
}

but here the x-declare is not supported.

Is there some way how to
- create a queue with some specific options
- bind a queue
from the address? Or is the only option to first create the queue & binding
using QMF?

I assume the second might be where the legacy filters might help. But I
have no idea how to use them and there don't seem to be much documentation

Thanks & Regards
Jakub