qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>
Subject Re: Creating a queue and bindings from an address in qpid.messaging / AMQP 1.0
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 11:03:42 GMT
Hi Gordon,

- The auto-delete problem is entered as QPID-5053
- The qpidt problem is entered as QPID-5054

> My one concern about using userid on its own as the default container-id
> is where multiple processes authenticate as the same user. These would need
> to ensure any explicit link names were unique. It also seems somewhat
> incorrect to identify them as the same container.

I agree with your concern. That is why defining the container-id in the
connection options IMHO solves the problem only partially. I can specify
there whatever I want, but then if I run the application multiple times it
wont be unique.

> What about a combination of the userid and some other details more unique
> to the process or connection ( e.g. perhaps ip & port)? That would be more
> meaningful but also accurate by default even if multiple processes
> authenticate as the same user.

In a large AMQP networks, will the IP address be really unique? I assume it
can happen that you have two different clients using the same IP address
internally in their local networks (which is what the AMQP client would
use) and connecting to the broker outside of their network over some NAT.
So it might be only "more unique" than the user ID alone, but not really
unique.

I'm also wondering whether this isn't also a question of 100 people having
100 opinions - we might have problem finding something what would fit
everyone.

Thanks & Regards
Jakub