qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Qpid Java Broker - Master Failure and Recovery
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 19:56:10 GMT
The host:port information in the XML configuration is only used when first
joining or creating the cluster. After that, BDB stores the cluster
information itself in the store files and references that.

You should only need to update the configuration if you blow away the store
files for the node that originally created the cluster (by virtue of having
itself as helper in the XML) and then wanted to bring it back up and have
it rejoin the existing cluster by restoring from the other node (since you
would now instead need to set that node as the helper).

Robbie