qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.24 release update - RC2 is out
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 16:17:21 GMT
On 14 August 2013 16:15, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 08/13/2013 11:44 AM, Justin Ross wrote:
>
>>    http://people.apache.org/~**jross/qpid-0.24-rc2/<http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.24-rc2/>
>>    http://people.apache.org/~**jross/qpid-0.24-rc2-testing.**txt<http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.24-rc2-testing.txt>
>>
> [...]
>
>  Please give RC2 a try.
>>

> It's just a warning, but the ruby bindings cause the following message to
> be printed when building the cpp tarball:
>
>  Building Ruby bindings
>> CMake Warning (dev) at bindings/CMakeLists.txt:111 (add_subdirectory):
>>   The source directory
>>
>>     /home/gordon/qpid-releases/0.**24rc2/qpidc-0.24/bindings/**
>> qmf2/examples/cpp
>>
>>   does not contain a CMakeLists.txt file.
>>
>>   CMake does not support this case but it used to work accidentally and is
>>   being allowed for compatibility.
>>
>>   Policy CMP0014 is not set: Input directories must have CMakeLists.txt.
>>  Run
>>   "cmake --help-policy CMP0014" for policy details.  Use the cmake_policy
>>   command to set the policy and suppress this warning.
>> This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.
>>

> I'm quite sure this is user error, but I was not able to connect from c++
> to the Java broker using AMQP 1.0 (0-10 was fine). There is no error and it
> seems to reject the header (with or without SASL), as if it didn't
> recognise 1.0. This was enabled by default in my previous testing, do I
> need to do something explicit now?

This is a 'bug', there is still a jar missing due to a bit of stupidity
from our lovely build system, we will look to fix this for the next RC.

> (For the various java binaries, I assume this has been considered, but
> having several qpid-all.jars each with different manifests seems a little
> odd at first glance.)

Yep, I have always hated those files, as mentioned on a few prior
discussions about some of our horrible build and release artifacts. They
will almost certainly go away when we move the build to maven, I certainly
know I won't be doing any work to keep them around :)