qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Eagy, Taylor" <te...@BlackbirdTech.com>
Subject RE: Python Connections Hang from Subprocesses
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 18:50:00 GMT
Bill thanks for your response. The subprocess definitely runs when I don't try to connect to
the broker. Running a HTTPServer in it works too. It just doesn't connect to the qpid broker.
I did a little digging and I believe this is where it is hanging:

(In Connection class)

 270    @synchronized

 271 -<http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.22/messaging-api/python/api/qpid.messaging.endpoints-pysrc.html#>
 def attach<http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.22/messaging-api/python/api/qpid.messaging.endpoints.Connection-class.html#attach>(self):

 272      """
 273      Attach to the remote endpoint.
 274      """
 275      if not self._connected:
 276        self._connected = True
 277        self._driver.start<http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.22/messaging-api/python/api/qpid.messaging.endpoints-pysrc.html#>()
 278        self._wakeup()
 279      self._ewait(lambda: self._transport_connected and not self._unlinked())

The parent Python process can connect successfully, but the self._transport_connected never
gets set to True for all of the new Connection objects created in the subprocesses that are
trying to connect to the same broker. Where does this get set to True?
Could this have something to do with the predicate because it doesn't return an error it just
times out?

 212 -<http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.22/messaging-api/python/api/qpid.messaging.endpoints-pysrc.html#>
 def _ewait<http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.22/messaging-api/python/api/qpid.messaging.endpoints.Connection-class.html#_ewait>(self,
predicate, timeout=None):