qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Eagy, Taylor" <te...@BlackbirdTech.com>
Subject Python Connections Hang from Subprocesses
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 16:55:44 GMT
Hello,

I'm having an issue connecting multiple Python subprocesses to the qpid C++ broker. I have
a main Python process that imports qpid.messaging at the top and spawns a few multiprocessing.Process
objects that try to create a Qpid connection to the broker. Before I spawn the processes though,
the main process creates a connection to the Qpid broker just fine, but all of the subprocess
code hangs when it trys to connect to the qpid broker. I know qpid is supposed to be multi-threaded,
but what about multiprocess with Python? What could be causing the connections to hang from
the subprocesses? Is there some singleton object that isn't getting released that's blocking
the other subprocesses from connecting?

Thanks,

TJ