qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Clearing up queues in C++
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 08:22:13 GMT
On 08/28/2013 09:53 PM, Rajesh Khan wrote:
> I wanted to know what my options are when I need to clear up queues.
> My first preference would be to clear them up programatically. I tried
> setting a queue to auto-delete however that does not seem to work.I have a
> sender and a receiver. The receiver creates a queue and sets the auto
> delete parameter. However even after the receiver disconnects there still
> is content in the queue.

Can you give more detail on the exact steps you took here? The
auto-delete setting should certainly work. Note that if the queue is
also exclusive then it will be auto-deleted when the session that
created it ends (not just on cancelling the receiver. Note also that
trying to set the auto-delete property on a queue already created won't

If you can provide some steps to reproduce the non-functioning of
auto-delete, I can investigate some more.