qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Support for EXTERNAL authentication with AMQP 1.0
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 16:27:08 GMT
On 08/08/2013 05:11 PM, Jakub Scholz wrote:
> I was trying to connect to my broker with a C++ client based on
> qpid.messaging / AMQP 1.0 using the SSL Client Authentication (SASL
> EXTERNAL). But the client seems to complain about no available mechanism:

Sorry, that looks like another bug (I believe in the 1.0 client, which
seems not to be passing through the security details of the underlying
SSL transport). I'll get that fixed.

[...]

> Is the EXTERNAL authentication already supported for AMQP 1.0 in 0.24 RC1?
> I know there are some open issues with the Proton Messenger (for example
> PROTON-333), but I'm not entirely sure how much is this part common between
> Proton Messenger and qpid.messaging.

Both the broker and the qpid::messaging impl use proton, but they only
use the engine API, not messenger. They also use their own SASL
implementation as the one in the engine doesn't allow for encrypted (or
signed) security layers.