qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading nodes in a cluster
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 14:59:11 GMT
On 08/06/2013 09:00 AM, Rothkin, Steve (NY81) wrote:
> If we run 2 or 3 nodes in a cluster with mirrored HA queues, are there any restrictions
or special procedures that must be observed to upgrade the qpid version on individual nodes
without any service interruption? Can different nodes in the cluster run different versions
of qpid or do all the nodes have to be upgraded at the same time (like with RabbitMQ - http://www.rabbitmq.com/clustering.html#upgrading
which then requires a federation of clusters to keep the service available)?

You can't upgrade from 0.22 to 0.24 node-by-node. The intent is that from 0.24
onwards you will be able to upgrade node-by-node. I've added
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-5043 to make sure we test that when
we release 0.26.

Cheers,
Alan.