qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Question on amqp 1.0 payload Type ??
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 13:01:58 GMT
On 08/01/2013 01:52 PM, Rob Godfrey wrote:
> Data and AmqpSequence allow the sender to start sending data without
> knowing how many bytes / values the data is going to consist of.  This
> allows for streaming scenarios where the size of the data is not known up
> front.
>
> Note also that there is no bound to the size of Data or AmqpSequence,
> whereas an AmqpValue will always be bounded by the largest AMQP data type -
> i.e. 4Gb (not that I would ever recommend sending a single message of
> greater than 4Gb).

Just to clarify, each individual section of type Data or AmqpSequence is
bounded and has its size encoded upfront. The ability to stream and/or
send unbounded amounts of data comes through sending multiple such
sections in the same message. Right? (Whereas only a single AmqpValue
section is allowed per message).