qpid-users mailing list archives

From jbelch <jamesbe...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Qpid Java Broker - Master Failure and Recovery
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 19:43:01 GMT
Thanks for the detailed response.  In the case where my master node fails, I
can set the DesignatedPrimary flag to true in the Replica node.  I see the
NodeState transition to "MASTER".   In the original configuration, the
replica node was pointing to the master host's 5001 port for the
HelperHostPort.  If that machine is no longer there, do we need to update
the new "MASTER"?  The new "MASTER" still has it's helper port set to the
original master node, which may not be available, and it doesn't look like
it updates to a local port.