qpid-users mailing list archives

From Keith W <keith.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java Broker High Availability Documentation and C++ clients
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 08:09:50 GMT
> We are going to use the active/passive mode of operation along with
Berkeley
DB to support our high availability design

I'm not aware if the combination of C++ client/Java Broker in HA mode has
been tested.  All of the automated testing is Java Client/Java Broker.
That said, I'm not aware of a reason why it would fail.  Please let us know
how you get on.

> "The automatic failover feature is available only for AMQP connections
from the
Java client. Management connections (JMX) do not current offer this
feature".  Is this only when a broker list is passed during the connection
process?

Yes, that's correct. This refers to the in-built faiover features of the
client, i.e. the broker list passed through the connection url.    The
footnote merely points out that if a (Java) application also made use of
JMX (or REST for that matter) to perform Management operations on the Java
Broker, these connections would not failover.

May I also take this opportunity to mention that we are currently enhancing
the HA features of the Java Broker. It will support clusters formed of
greater than two nodes, and the cluster management/monitoring will be
better integrated into the Web Management Console.