qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Qpid JMS-C++ stress test
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2013 14:25:00 GMT
On 5 July 2013 15:50, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 07/05/2013 02:32 PM, Rob Godfrey wrote:
>
>> the method of implementing "flow control" (delaying completions
>> rather than using the protocol defined means of simply not issuing
>> credit to the sender) does not play nice with the client
>>

> For AMQP 0-10 there is no protocol defined credit based scheme that works
> for publishers. No 0-10 client (that I know of) has any notion of credit
> for sending, nor is there any standard way of requesting such credit if
> they did and the granularity of message-flow would mean credit could only
> be granted per exchange if the broker was to issue credit.

It depends on what you mean by "works", but I believe message flow should
be able to be used (note destination is optional), however obviously the
granularity is flow controlling the entire session rather than an
individual destination (which is a difficult concept to define in 0-x
anyway).  When implementing flow control in 0-10 in the Java broker this is
what I initially implemented, only to find that the JMS client had been
designed to "work" with the delayed completions scheme.

> (AMQP 1.0 of course does provide a symmetric mechanism that can be used
> for producers as well as consumers.)

Indeed :-)

-- Rob