qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid JMS-C++ stress test
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2013 13:50:04 GMT
On 07/05/2013 02:32 PM, Rob Godfrey wrote:
> the method of implementing "flow control" (delaying completions
> rather than using the protocol defined means of simply not issuing
> credit to the sender) does not play nice with the client

For AMQP 0-10 there is no protocol defined credit based scheme that
works for publishers. No 0-10 client (that I know of) has any notion of
credit for sending, nor is there any standard way of requesting such
credit if they did and the granularity of message-flow would mean credit
could only be granted per exchange if the broker was to issue credit.

(AMQP 1.0 of course does provide a symmetric mechanism that can be used
for producers as well as consumers.)