qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Heads Up: Switch over to cmake for Qpid C++ builds
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 15:01:36 GMT

As many here will remember we introduced cmake to the C++ build process
when we acquired a working Windows port courtesy of Steve Huston. At the
time (the end of 2008) we discussed having 2 build systems for Qpid C++
and agreed that it was a "Bad Idea".

However for various reasons we are now 5 years later and we are still
using both build systems. The cmake build has now (finally) come to the
point of virtual parity on Unix systems and it is time to remove the
autotools build.

Autotools has been deprecated for a while and has been printing a
warning that it will be removed soon since 0.22.

0.24 will be the last Qpid release that contains the autotools build. I
will be removing all the traces of the autotools build that I know
about/can find this week, so that we have the rest of the 0.25/0.26
development cycle to make sure that we haven't missed anything in the
move.

Because this issue has been around so long there is more than one JIRA
issue for it: The current active issue is QPID-4640 [1], there is also
another similar bug QPID-3633 [2] which has a number of not yet resolved
issues attached to it.

If you find any problems I recommend you create a bug and link it to one
(or both of these bugs)

Andrew

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-4640
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3633