qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: tcp-nodelay on broker
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 19:10:00 GMT
On Sat, 2013-07-13 at 02:47 -0600, Rajesh Khan wrote:
> The manual states
>
> "For latency sensitive applications, setting tcp-nodelay on qpidd and on
> client connections can help reduce the latency"
>
> I know how to set this option for clients(Receiver). How do we set it up
> for qpidd(broker). Do we need to set it up on the sender side too ?

Note that the defaults for tcp-nodelay have changed in the qpid trunk
code (which will end up in 0.24 onwards) so that tcp-nodelay is actually
the default.

Our experience has been that tcp-nodelay usually gives as good
throughput performance as well as latency performance and so makes a
good default.

I think that your "sender" is just another client isn't it? and so you
should set up tcp-delay there in the same way as on your receiver.

Andrew