qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Website update 4
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 15:56:26 GMT
On 05/10/2013 05:39 PM, Justin Ross wrote:
> Update:
>      http://people.apache.org/~jross/transom/2013-05-10/
> Previous versions:
>      http://people.apache.org/~jross/transom/2013-04-16/
>      http://people.apache.org/~jross/transom/2013-04-03/
>      http://people.apache.org/~jross/transom/2013-03-26/
>      http://people.apache.org/~jross/transom/2013-03-13/
> Head version, for following things as they change:
>      http://people.apache.org/~jross/transom/head/
> The source code and README:
>      https://github.com/ssorj/transom

One other comment, on the 'discussion' page, it describes the two Qpid
lists as:

     Users - Raise general questions, find out how a feature
             works, or ask about any problems you encounter
     Developers - Discuss the ongoing development of Qpid

I would like to suggest changing that to more strongly emphasise the
users list as the default place for all conversations. Specifically I
feel the description above for the dev list is too broad.

'Ongoing development' is very relevant to users and the fact that much
of this has occurred on the dev list in the past has led to a lack of
visibility into plans.

In my view the dev list should only be used for issues that are
obviously of little interest to most users. I can think of very few
conversations that would fit into that category.