qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject consumer flow control??
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 18:42:32 GMT
Hello,
I seem to recall that it's possible to set consumer flow control with
Qpid is that correct?

I can't see anything specific in the documentation relating to consumer
flow control, I thought that it had something to do with message credits
or consumer prefetching but I'm not sure how this actually relates to
throttling consumers to a particular rate.

TBH I also thought that there was a "capacity" option in the
AddressString for link, in
http://qpid.apache.org/books/0.20/Programming-In-Apache-Qpid/html/ch03s06.html
there's mention of the |-Dmax_prefetch=1000 and |
|{create: always, link:{capacity: 10}} |but it no longer mentions
capacity in the Link Properties section in table 2.3 so I'm not sure.

I had a quick play setting capacity and max_prefetch to some low value
such as 10 or 1 but to be honest I couldn't see much difference to the
rate that the consumer was pulling messages.

Have I missed something, can anyone offer any tips as to how to throttle
consumers??

Cheers,
Frase