qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Single threaded Client
Date Fri, 03 May 2013 17:00:14 GMT
Hi Lance,
perhaps someone else might be able to give you a better answer, but from
my recollection none of the APIs give any particularly easy way to
retrieve the underlying socket. Indeed from memory any methods that do
exist at that level have been private or protected scope. Another person
was trying to get socket info a bit back so I took a bit of a look then
and couldn't find anything useful.

I suspect that your best bet might be to do your own "network probe" -
you say that you are using a lookup service, is that your own or
something off the shelf? As I say you could probably do a port scan for
port 5672 and use success there to feed your lookup service.

Sorry that I can't give a more useful response, but I suspect that's
what I'd do if faced with a similar problem.

I guess that you *might* be able to do something clever with
select/epoll so if you get some info from your lookup service you could
try to establish a raw socket connection and use select/poll to check
for the available active file descriptors then you could close them and
use the knowledge to open up real AMQP connections to the active hosts.
At least that'll avoid you needing to use threads.

<caveat>It's been a while since I did anything that low level, so I
could be talking rubbish :-D </caveat>

Frase