qpid-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Matos <bruno.ma...@paradigmaxis.pt>
Subject Re: [c++]: Progressing AMQP 1.0 support for 0.22 release
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 09:37:52 GMT
On Qui, 2013-05-16 at 14:26 +0100, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 05/16/2013 10:07 AM, Bruno Matos wrote:
> > It seams that if some message passes through the link before the
> > --max-negotiate-time the problem disappear. I think its because
> > AsynchIOHandler::readbuff only cancels the timer after 3 reads (as
> > stated in the code) and the interlink doesn't seam to need all the
> > handshake described.
>
> Yes, AMQP 1.0 doesn't force a sequential handshake and for NONE or even
> ANONYMOUS, there is no need for either side to wait for the other in
> order to complete the connection setup.
>
> The max-negotiate-time "feature" is a horrible hack.
>
> Either it needs to be reimplemented or it needs to be disabled (whether
> on a per-connection, per-protocol or per-broker level). For now the
> workaround is to 'disable' it simply by setting the value high enough
> that sufficient traffic occurs (that likely limits its usefulness for
> the problem it was intended to solve of course).
>
> I've raised a JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-4854

Now I'm testing with authentication and I'm receiving the message 'SASL
layer required!'. I'm using --auth yes on both brokers with PLAIN
mechanism configured. I'm searching for the code where the mechanisms
are set for the outgoing message, as soon as I found something, I let
you know.

Thank you,
Regards.

--