qpid-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Matos <bruno.ma...@paradigmaxis.pt>
Subject Re: [c++]: Progressing AMQP 1.0 support for 0.22 release
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 12:52:19 GMT
On Seg, 2013-03-11 at 11:56 +0000, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 02/25/2013 06:57 PM, Bruno Matos wrote:
Qpid

> >> I have an initial patch that adds the ability to have qpidd initiate
> >> AMQP 1.0 connections (and links) to some external entity (e.g. another
> >> 1.0 supporting broker).
> >>
> >> It isn't quite ready to be committed yet I'm afraid, but for those
> >> interested more detail can be found at
> >> https://reviews.apache.org/r/9469/ along with the current patch.
> >>

> > I have compiled qpidd with the patch, how can I "Interconnect" two
> > brokers now?
>
> [Apologies for the much delayed response].
>
> You first need to create a 'domain' on the broker that will initiate the
> connection to the other. This essentially defines how to connect. This
> is done through the 'create' QMF 'method' on the broker, using 'domain'
> as the type. The valid properties are 'url, 'username', 'password',
> 'sasl_mechanisms (and less frequently needed min_ssf. max_ssf,
> sasl_service).
>
> At present you can do this either via qpid-tool or using the qpid-ctrl
> test utility[1]. E.g.
>
>    qpid-ctrl create type=domain name=my-domain
> properties="{'url':'broker2.acme.org','mechanisms':'NONE'}"
>
> Next, you can statically set up incoming or outgoing links from the
> first broker to this 'domain'. You do that by again using the QMF
> 'create' method, but this type using a type of either 'incoming' or
> 'outgoing', depending on the desired direction of message flow. The
> valid properties for both types are 'domain', 'source' and 'target'
>
> E.g. qpid-ctrl create type=outgoing name=my-outgoing-link
> properties="{'domain':'my-domain','source':'amq.topic','target':'amq.topic'}"
>
> There will be better tooling available for this eventually.
>
> Alternatively, you can also simply relay through the broker to a defined
> domain without any statically setup links. To do this you simply append
> the domain name to the node you wish to send to. E.g. creating a sender
> on a session with the first broker to e.g. my-queue@my-domain, will
> result in the messages being relayed to my-queue on the second broker.
>
> I.e. you can access nodes actually implemented in some other AMQP 1.0
> container (whether another qpidd, a different 1.0 capable broker or even
> a proton messenger service) to be accessed as if they were in the one
> broker the client is connected to.
>
> [1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/cpp/src/tests/qpid-ctrl

Hi Gordon,

Finally I have some time to test domains.
I'm trying to create a link between two Brokers 0.22 RC2, but I'm having
two errors, with the same origin, creating the outgoing link that I
don't know how to solve. I'm using qpid-ctrl as you suggested.

1. If I set --auth yes (on both), I receive the error "SASL layer
required!", I took a look to the code and it seams the it was expecting
SASL as the protocol and it has AMQP.

2. If I set --auth no (on both), the connection closes by timeout (10s)
on the destination broker and it gives "No protocol received closing",
which produces a "Interconnect deleted" notice on the source broker.

What am I'm I doing wrong?

Thank you,
Regards.

--