qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Website update 2
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2013 20:38:45 GMT
On 7 April 2013 21:03, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4 April 2013 00:12, Justin Ross <jross@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Update:
> >     http://people.apache.org/~jross/transom/2013-04-03/
> > Previous version:
> >     http://people.apache.org/~jross/transom/2013-03-26/
> > Head version (if you want to follow things as they change):
> >     http://people.apache.org/~jross/transom/head/
> > The source code:
> >     https://github.com/ssorj/transom
> >
> > I have a feeling the most noticed change will be the page width.  It's
> > now set to a max width just a hair wider (leftmost to rightmost
> > character) than our current site.  In addition, it scales down to fit
> > comfortably in one half of a wide desktop display or a mobile device
> > in portrait.
> >

> Much better :)
>
> I also agree with Alex about the font perhaps being a smidge large, when
> viewing on desktops at least.
>

> > There remain plenty of things to do:
> > https://github.com/ssorj/transom/blob/master/TODO.  Check there to see
> > if the thing you'd like to have is still incoming.
> >
> > Topics for discussion:
> >   - Should we rename AMQP Messenger (and its buddy) to Proton
> > Messenger to clarify the link to the toolkit?
> >

> I think that would be clearer, to me at least (if not just Messenger). We
> don't call it AMQP Messenger anywhere else, and doing so seems to makes it
> unclear that its part of Proton.

So - I kind of disagree here... One of the things I think we should really
be trying to convey is that we are producing AMQP clients.  If people are
searching for an AMQP API I want our work to be easily found.  The fact
that Messenger is part of the Proton component within the Qpid project
doesn't really seem like the most important piece of information to
convey.

-- Rob