qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TLS support in Apache Qpid
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 10:23:10 GMT
Hi Kamal,

Apache Qpid brokers and clients support TLS connections.

For AMQP 1.0 connections the Java Code supports tunneling non-TLS AMQP
through a TLS connection (see section 5.2.1 Alternative Establishment [1]
of the specification).  That is TLS is set up on the connection without an
AMQP header, and then the AMQP SASL/Transport layers are established.

The Java code does not currently support the separate AMQP TLS security
layer - but then I am not aware of anyone other implementation that is
currently supporting this either.

Do you have a particular need for the AMQP TLS security layer, where the
Alternative Establishment mechanism for using TLS will not work for you?

Regards,
Rob

[1]
http://docs.oasis-open.org/amqp/core/v1.0/os/amqp-core-security-v1.0-os.html#doc-tls-alternative-establishment