qpid-users mailing list archives

From Bill Freeman <ke1g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maybe bug, maybe novice mistake, or maybe my python qpid library is too old.
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 15:23:04 GMT
Ken,

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Ken Giusti <kgiusti@redhat.com> wrote:

> Good catch Bill - this is a bug, and I've entered a JIRA for it:

> That said, I would urge you not to use the QPID connection directly.  The
> API doesn't explicitly expose this, and we probably will be moving the QMF
> client to use the client messaging interface at some point (which will
> break what you're doing).
>
> Instead, you should create a separate connection to the broker using the
> "Qpid Messaging client API" as described here:
>

> http://qpid.apache.org/books/0.20/Programming-In-Apache-Qpid/html/index.html
>
> Yes, I have made it work with the Messaging API.

And although they both have objects called Connection and Session, I now
know that they are not the same.  (I certainly haven't found any
documentation for the low level API.)

It just seems a shame to have to open a second connection to the broker.

As long as I have your attention, does ;{mode:browse} affect the need to
acknowledge messages?

Thanks, Bill