qpid-users mailing list archives

From Bill Freeman <ke1g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions from a novice
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 13:45:49 GMT
On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Ken Giusti <kgiusti@redhat.com> wrote:

> When console.py connects to a broker (via addBroker), it will attempt to
> query for the existence of the qmf.default.direct and qmf.default.topic
> exchanges.  If that query succeeds, the console marks that broker as being
> V2 capable, and uses V2.  Otherwise it falls back to V1.
>
> Take a look at the Broker::_tryToConnect() method in console.py for all
> the gory details.

And, in fact, my broker has those exchanges, and console.py finds them and
sets the Broker instance's brokerSupportsV2 attribute to True.  And the
brokerAgent it gets has isV2 True.  And it creates its v2 queues,
binds/subscribes them, etc.

So I'm guessing that the rcvOjbects flag to the Session constructor only
gets me V1 updates, and I would have to subscribe explicitly to the queues
that I care about in order to get v2 updates.  Does that sound right?

Bill