qpid-users mailing list archives

From Bill Freeman <ke1g...@gmail.com>
Subject Maybe bug, maybe novice mistake, or maybe my python qpid library is too old.
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 21:56:34 GMT
In my qmf.console based app, I was trying to figure out how to piggy-back
my browsing of a queue
 on the existing broker's connection, using
broker.conn.session('somename'), and while pdb was trying to print a stack
trace, the __str__ method of the qpid.connection.Connection instance got
called.  This does (at line 225 in my copy):

    return "%s:%s" % self.sock.getsockname()

Now,  getsockname() returns:

    ('::1', 49845, 0, 0)

So it's no wonder that pdb gets a:

    TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting

I'm guessing that the code was written before getsockname() became IPv6
aware?

Bill