qpid-users mailing list archives

From Bill Freeman <ke1g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions from a novice
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 19:49:54 GMT
On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 2:37 PM, Bill Freeman <ke1g.nh@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Ken Giusti <kgiusti@redhat.com> wrote:

It looks like the heart of not getting V1 stuff is in
qmf.console.Broker._tryToConnect().  If a flag could get passed in (say,
noV1=True in the connectArguments, which the Broker.__init__() could pop
and save, with a default of False), then _tryToConnect() could omit all the
"rdest" and "tdest" setup, leaving only the V2 stuff (noV1 and not
brokerSupportsV2 would need to raise an error).

Of course there might be other places that specifically try to do V1 stuff
that I'm unaware of (e.g.; fetching a schema), and doesn't pay attention to
brokerSupportsV2.  And I'm looking around in code that I don't fully
understand.  And I can't find that doc that said that updates aren't
generated without a subscription, and this might not be separately
calculated for V1 and V2.

Bill