qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Questions from a novice
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 07:52:44 GMT

On 1 Apr 2013, at 21:31, Ken Giusti <kgiusti@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> I've just tried to restrict my broker to using only qmf v2:
>
> $ qpidd --auth no --mgmt-qmf1 no
>
> and I no longer get update notifications from my console.py app!   From the looks of
it, the console.py code is broken - the broker is generating the qmfv2 updates, but console.py
is dropping them.  This is on trunk - I'll open a JIRA.

Ken, surely what you are observing is the correct behaviour? With QMF1 there were two python
APIs one (the most commonly used one) was synchronous and mainly used the getObjects() calls
to query for objects of a given type e.g. queue, exchange, bind etc. the other API, used by
I think qpid-queue-stat and I think being referred to in this thread is asynchronous. The
asynchronous API relies on the broker data push and a subscription on a given topic so if
you do --mgmt-qmf1 no then the broker data push to that topic, which pushes things like heartbeats
and statistics updates, won't occur.

Unless of course you are actually saying that disabling QMF1 data push actually stops the
QMF2 data push??? I've not checked for that - it wouldn't totally surprise me as the two blocks
of code in the broker are fairly intertwined and it's more likely that people would use the
default behaviour with both QMF1 and QMF2 enabled.

Hmm re-reading your post you do seem to be talking about perhaps something different? I am
perhaps jumping to conclusions based on Bill's comments that he's using QMF1?

Frase