qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ken Giusti <kgiu...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Maybe bug, maybe novice mistake, or maybe my python qpid library is too old.
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 16:42:30 GMT

----- Original Message -----

<snip>

> As long as I have your attention, does ;{mode:browse} affect the need to
> acknowledge messages?
>
> Thanks, Bill

Hi Bill -

Since you are not transferring ownership of the message, ack'ing each message isn't strictly
necessary.

However, I seem to recall that issuing an occasional ack could affect other aspects of the
consumer, like replenishment of prefetch credit, or something else that may improve overall
performance.

But I'm not the best person to ask - anyone else care to weigh in?

thanks,

--
-K