qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Newbie problem with long term use of C++ broker / client code
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 12:45:32 GMT
On 04/19/2013 11:35 AM, NeilOwens wrote:
> I did a full search in all the syslogs I have on my slave target and whilst
> 99% of the broker entries are connection timeouts, I do also have a few
> examples of the following:
>
> [System] warning CLOSING [<REPEATER IP>:5672-<MASTER IP>:40652] unsent data
> (probably due to client disconnect)_

That one just means the connection wasn't cleanly closed, e.g. could
have timed out.

> [System] error Connection <REPEATER IP>:5672-<MASTER IP>:57577 No protocol
> received closing_

This is interesting... it means that the connection was open but the
broker assumed it hadn't yet completed the connection handshake in a
given time (this is a 'feature' supposedly to prevent DoS attacks).
Since you are only using the c++ client, I can't think of a scenario
where this would come about.

Heartbeats don't start until it gets past this portion of the handshake
(which is why this specific check was added), so it couldn't be a
heartbeat driven timeout I don't think.