qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Questions from a novice
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 14:32:43 GMT
On 04/01/2013 02:12 PM, Bill Freeman wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Bill Freeman <ke1g.nh@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 5:03 AM, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 03/29/2013 04:35 PM, Bill Freeman wrote:That console API is a bit of a
>>> mixture of QMFv1 and QMFv2. I think there is a getObjectId() method, and
>>> you can then call asMap() on that to get the v2 form.
>>>

>> Thanks.  I'll have a read of the method code, call it with pdb, to see
>> what it does for me.
>>

> OK.  That gives me:
>
>     p qmfID.asMap()
>     {'_object_name': '18449', '_agent_name': '0'}
>
> So these still don't seem very name like to me.  I was interpreting the
> name of the queue as being the value of the name property.  I see that this
> is arriving via Agent._handleQmfV1Message(), so I guess my broker(s) speak
> V1.

I suspect it is merely that your use of the console API is following a
v1 path. Unless you are using a very old broker, it will speak both v2
and v1. I'm not sufficiently knowledgeable about that API to help but
will try and get hold of someone who is...

There is a much simpler, more basic library available for v2 available
as well:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/tools/src/py/qpidtoollibs/broker.py.
Depending on your needs and your existing ties to the console API that
may be worth a look.