qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Java broker: is there still issue with setting routing key at message level?
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 11:26:20 GMT
The c++ qpid::messaging client also maps the subject onto the routing
key in the case of sending to an exchange[1], and additionally always
sets the qpid.subject application-property.

The subject can be specified when creating the sender using the address
(e.g. my-topic/my-subject), but can also be overridden per-message using
the Message::setSubject() method.

[1] Messages sent 'directly' to a queue - i.e. to the default exchange
in 0-10 terms - must have a routing key set to the queue's name which is
why the subject is not used in that case. The qpid.subject property will
still be set.