qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ken Giusti <kgiu...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Questions from a novice
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 20:31:54 GMT
Hi Bill,

I've just tried to restrict my broker to using only qmf v2:

$ qpidd --auth no --mgmt-qmf1 no

and I no longer get update notifications from my console.py app!   From the looks of it, the
console.py code is broken - the broker is generating the qmfv2 updates, but console.py is
dropping them.  This is on trunk - I'll open a JIRA.

Other notes:

1) re: qpidtoollib - doesn't sound like this would work for you since you need async object
update notifications.  Currently qpidtoollibs only support query/response and event monitoring.
 We probably should add async object updates, too, but right now that's not there.

2) uniquely identifying objects across multiple brokers.  Yes, Gordon's correct, object names
are usually only guaranteed to be unique within a broker, not across them.  Partitioning them
by IP address + port could work, as would the federation tag from the vhost object.