qpid-users mailing list archives

From NeilOwens <neil.ow...@raymarine.com>
Subject Re: Newbie problem with long term use of C++ broker / client code
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 12:24:56 GMT
I will try to increase the logging level and leave it over the weekend, along
with the ring queue config changes and new dropped connection handling
logic.

I have a script that parses bits of /proc to get the memory usage of the
various processes.  Nothing appeared to be misbehaving.  The qpidd process
was reporting about 8Mb of VmRSS when this failure was going on.  The only
obvious things wrong with qpidd were general network instability and the
large number of bindings and subscriptions.  Interestingly, if I killed the
qpid daemon, it didn't clear the funny network state of the box.  I had to
shut down all the processes using qpid for it to clear.

When this happens the syslog is clear apart from the qpid disconnection
messages.  If it was a kernel driver or hardware issue with the network
interface then I think it would be reporting there.  This is why I'm
thinking the network problem is somehow related to qpid or my use of it,
rather than the other way round.

Again, many thanks for your help.