qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do you use qpidd.conf, if so for what? (was Re: Ubuntu cmake woes - update 0.20 works, trunk still broken!!)
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 23:41:52 GMT
On 26 March 2013 18:52, Fraser Adams <fraser.adams@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> I think that examples of some of the SASL and other security options are
> definitely worth including in a sample qpidd.conf that one is always
> something of a black art with traps for the unwary etc. the mailing list
> might go quite quiet if there were lots of good examples for various
> security use case :-D I guess qpidd.conf might not be the best place to put
> this, but every little helps with that side of things from my perspective.
>
> As a slight irony given the work Rob and Robbie are doing on the Java
> broker, I'd personally quite have liked a way to configure queues. I don't
> really like how it's currently tied to persistence - in other words to make
> queue config survive broker restarts I could make the queue durable, but
> that also makes the messages persistent unless I explicitly disable the
> default message durability behaviour (which I may not be able to control).

Continuing to beat the drum hehe, pre-configuring the Java broker is
something we continue to support, and the same for queues that are always
present but wont recover persistent messages.

(Worth nothing though that it is a 'feature' currently that the persistent
messages are still put on disk in that case and its only the record of
their presence on the queue that is not persisted, prompting discard at
restart if they are still in the store. This is for a variety of reasons
but is something id like to make configurable in future as well so you
could choose between the performance hit or the increased memory
requirements to keep the messages off disk entirely)